There is nothing so refreshing as a glass of chilled cane juice on a hot summer afternoon. It quenches your taste and energizes you. This soothing drink is not only delicious but also nutritious. You may consume it due to its sweetness, but it is rich in vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. It contains antioxidants, enzymes, anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory components.
Brazil and India are the largest producers of sugarcane worldwide. This crop is the principal raw material for the production of sugar. Besides being an ideal drink for hot days, sugarcane juice has health benefits that can improve your wellbeing.
- It provides an instant energy boost. Sugarcane juice contains glucose which is quickly absorbed by the body. This simple sugar replenishes the sugar levels, re-hydrates and energizes the body.
- It improves immunity. Cane juice is rich in antioxidants, which fights infections in the human body. Besides, it reduces the bilirubin levels and protects the liver from diseases.
- It gets rid of bad breath and tooth decay. Mouth odor can lead to embarrassing situations. Cane juice can get rid of bad breath. It is rich in nutrients that are needed for building tooth enamel. Consequently, it can prevent tooth decay. Due to its high content of calcium and phosphorus, it helps in the development of healthy teeth and bones.
- Sugarcane juice promotes healthy skin. It is a natural source of glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxyl acid. This compound hydrates the skin, prevents aging, and eliminates skin problems such as acne. Regular application of the juice to your skin can cure acne or prevent its buildup. You can also add it to your face mask.
- It fights cancer. The sugarcane juice has a high pH. Its alkaline nature is as a result of the high concentrations of minerals such as calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, and potassium. It is effective in preventing the invasion and spread of cancerous cells that may lead to breast and prostate cancer.
- It supports digestion. Sugarcane is useful in the treatment of constipation. The potassium contained in its juice prevents stomach infections. It also aids the secretion of digestive juices and maintains the stomach’s pH levels.
Try a glass of icy cane juice when next you feel dehydrated. You can also improve its flavor with few drops of lime juice.